I’ve had several friends ask if I’d consider opening up my blog for guest posts. Up until now, any time someone asked, I’d decline. But, I’d like to open things up and give it a try.
Moving forward, I will accept guest posts.
Your submission must be on one of the following topics:
- Christian Living
- Christian Ministry
Your post cannot be an advertisement for a product, or the equivalent of what could be considered a sponsored post.
- Your submission must be original to you. My preference would be your submission has not been previously published elsewhere; however, this isn’t a requirement.
- Include a brief bio with social media handles. If you have a website, include links to your own blog or website and about page.
- Your post should be at least 500 words long and no more than 800 words. (I am open to breaking down longer posts into short series.)
- I’d ask you to also read:
“Anatomy of an Effective Blog Post” by Michael Hyatt
“9 Ways Become an Exceptional Guest Poster” by Darren Rowse
“Seven Steps to Writing a Successful Guest Post” by Jeff Goins
“7 Crucial Tactics for Writing a Radically Successful Guest Post” by Blog Tyrant (via CopyBlogger)
- I will most likely edit your submission for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I make major edits (highly unlikely), I will email your edited submission back to you for your approval before publishing it on the blog.
- I may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or my thought process as to why I think the post is important. I’ll make sure my comments are different from yours stylistically so readers are clear those thoughts are mine and not yours.
I understand the work that it takes to write a blog post. But just because you have written and submitted a post to me doesn’t obligate me to publish it. The only guest posts I will publish are those that in my sole judgment add value to my readers.
If I don’t approve your guest post, my schedule may not always allow for me to write you to explain why I didn’t approve it or give any other details. I will do my best to let you know, but just can’t guarantee it.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please email it to me for consideration.
- Please include a one to two-sentence byline that includes what you do and your social media handles. If you have a blog or website, include your blog address.
- Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment. Also, please do not include HTML coding.